Ball valve is widely used in petroleum refining, long pipeline, chemical industry, paper making, pharmacy, water conservancy, electricity, municipal, iron and steel industries, a significant role in the national economy, then what are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
The advantages and disadvantages of ball valve:
1. The fluid resistance is small, little flow resistance full size of ball valve.
2. Simple structure, small volume, light weight.
3. Compact and reliable. It has two sealing surface, and the widely use of all kinds of plastic ball valve sealing surface of materials, good sealing, can realize completely sealed. Have been widely used in the vacuum system.
4. Easy to operate, open and close quickly, from open to close just rotate 90 °, is advantageous for the remote control.
5. Easy maintenance, simple structure of ball valve, sealing ring, which generally remove replacement is more convenient.
6. In the fully open or fully closed, the ball and seat sealing surface and the dielectric isolation, medium through, can not cause the valve sealing surface erosion.
7. Applicable scope is wide, size from small to several millimeters, big to a few meters, from high vacuum to high pressure can be applied.
8.) wipe because of ball valves in the process of opening and closing and so can be used to bring in the medium of suspended solid particles.
Second, the disadvantages:
1, high machining accuracy and the high cost
2, high temperature is not easy to use
3, such as pipe contains impurities, easily blocked by impurities, lead to valve cannot open.